A reminder to start booking truffle dogs for the 2017 truffle season. For dog handlers & truffle dogs, please contact:
- Susan Morton – Petetiquette Animal Behavioural Consultancy – Contact Susan Susan and Ace have been successfully working properties from the Wairarapa to Central Otago since 2010. They have been finding great quantities of both Tuber melanosporum and Tuber borchii on producing and previously non-producing properties. Contact Susan if you wish to book her or call Susan on 03 329 1663 or 0274 771 281
- Karen Drummond started Truffle Dog Services in 2011 searching in the Rotorua/Te Puke area and have enjoyed every season since. In 2016, two of our clients found their first truffles, both perigord and bianchetto. Truffle Dog Services provides truffle detection services for truffiere’s from North Auckland through Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay and the Central North Island. Feel free to visit our website about our services and schedule, or contact us on 021 655 054 or email us.
- Rob & Tracey Peterson – KENSON K9-SOLUTIONS – Truffle Detection Dog Teams – Kenson are excited to introduce themselves to the New Zealand Truffle industry. They will have 4 truffle detection dog teams available for the 2015 season. Based in Gisborne however take bookings nation wide. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tania Billingsley – located in the lovely RAI Valley (Marlbourgh) Tania and Kelvin Billingsley have purchased Ozzy from ex NZTruffle Dogs fame, she has worked round the country successfully finding truffle on previously non producing truffieres. We are working with Andy Billingsley to continue to breed and train truffle dogs for sale within NZ. Contact Tania on email@example.com or on 021 481115.
Will Clayton – Element Truffles – located in Canterbury and working the Hungarian Vizsla ‘Mila’. 2016 will be the first year of operation for the team and we are offering a free trial for any interested growers. We are able to provide truffle detection to areas in Canterbury and further upon request. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website www.elementtruffles.co.nz
* Providers of Truffle Detection dogs may not necessarily carry the endorsement of the NZTA. NZTA advises that users request references etc. and conduct their own research.